Saturday, December 15, 2007

I think I'm really happy lately.

Yeah. I am.

I feel content with life...which is so unlike me. There are certain things I obviously wish I could change. But, for the first time I'm not actively trying to change them. Let It Be.

I have high expectations set on this winter break. Working at a set schedule (10-4) every day will be a nice transition from the erratic shifts I worked all semester long. Really nice, actually. I'm only allowed to work 6 hours per day (totaling 30 hours per week, in case you're an idiot), so I figured I'd designate 10-4...leaving time to work out at the gym every morning. Having a routine makes me calm and happy. Exercise doubles the calm and doubles the happy.

Living at home will be nice, too. I'll probably play lots of video games with my brothers and get hooked on really awful reality TV shows. But, I'm okay with that. I also want to finish a few books. This seems to be something that I tell myself every Christmas break...but, I never get around to it. However, this time I have a quite a few books that I'm aching to dive into. So yeah. Suck it Christmas breaks of the past. I will win.

Oh yeah. And I've made the gallant decision to have a sober break, excluding New Years Eve. No if, ands, or buts about it.

There is supposed to be a huge storm coming tonight which will completely crush the Pittsburgh trip tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it all week...but I guess snow is nice, too. Nice in a totally PLAN-RUINING kind of way.

Here's to having a happy, routine, fun-filled Christmas break!

No comments: