Monday, November 5, 2007

Good 'ol Daniel Johnston.


"Sometimes you might want to give up
But keep that chin up
Cause you're gonna find
You're gonna find
Sometimes you might be alone
But don't feel lonely
'Cause you're gonna find
You're gonna find
So don't let the sun go down on your grievances

Start each day with a clean slate
You'll feel better if you can shake off all that hate
And don't forget to forgive and forget
And don't let the sun go down on your grievances"


http://www.sendspace.com/file/swtu53

Okay. This is BY FAR my favorite Daniel Johnston song. However, this weekend disproved the whole subject line of the song in one fell swoop. Let me explain.

In most cases: Yes. I agree that letting the sun go down on your anger and sadness is the least therapeudic and correct thing to do. If you go to bed sad, it obviously makes sense that you will wake up sad....with crusty 'I've been crying all night' eyes. But, what if you attach other symbolic meanings to the sun going down on your grievances. Song disproved!! This weekend, I decided that the sun setting behind the mountains would symbolize me putting my sadness behind me. As lame as that sounds, I haven't experienced a sad day since. And maybe it was just a coincidence. Maybe I already had all the sadness out of my system when I decided upon this silly, symbolic event...but, either way...I'm happy!

I have decided to get myself more involved at our church. Not in a crazy, evangelical way...but, in a balanced sort of way. That's where I went wrong Sophomore year. Cru really did some damage on me (moreso on my friends). I just took everything that I learned and went extreme with it. I was making friends just so I could tell them about how I was a Christian and how they could also become one. This pushed a lot of my very close friends away from me and obviously, I can understand why. Being at church makes me happy and there's something to show for that. I want to go where I'm happy; yet, I also want to keep my friends that make me happy. I can easily do both.

I'm skipping my 11:00 class today. I'm not going to work today. My breaks went out last night. Well, almost...so I can no longer get to work. I'm taking advantage of this day off.

1) Making my first homemade latte of the year.
2) Going running on the trail.
3) Knitting.
4) Showering.
5) Going to Wildlife Management at 4:00.

That's my day.



No comments: