Monday, November 12, 2007

If I had things my way, I would travel the world as soon as I graduate. I don't think I would take anyone with me. I would buy an open-ended ticket and start in Ireland. I'd hit Greece and Spain and Iceland and Italy...and wherever else my little heart desired. I would learn and grow and then finally return to the United States. I would hate it here. I would forever be unsatisfied with any and every job that kept me in one place too long.

That's why I'm staying here when I graduate. I'll save my dreams of traveling abroad for a later date. Which most likely means...that I'll never travel the world.

I just don't have enough get up and go...I know that I'm going to be very unhappy parking my ass in Morgantown taking a job that's comfortable and easy. A perk will be traveling to cities, at least. It may not be world traveling....but it's something. The truth is, I just can't think of anything else that will captivate me and keep me interested for longer than a month. Shrug.

I'll work for a year or two....then, maybe graduate school is in my future. Perhaps a graduate program that will allow me to travel overseas. That would be nice.

Song of the day: Rilo Kiley-The Good That Won't Come Out.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cqoljm
"You say I choose sadness,
that it never once has chosen me.
Maybe you're right..."

No comments: