Saturday, November 10, 2007

Robot Lovin'.

"Therefore, my dear, the kiss is our strongest weapon, but we must take care not to dull it. Do not forget that its value is only relative, purely conventional. It continually changes according to circumstances, the state of expectancy and the ecstasy of the mind."


I'm going to marry a robot. That way, I'll never have to be disappointed or let down. His name will be Infallible. I hate that humans are fallible. I hate that history continues repeating itself. I hate that I'm losing trust in people more and more every time I get burned. EVERYONE disappoints. I disappoint, my family disappoints, my friends disappoint... I want to believe that everyone has good in them and that everyone deserves a second chance. But, my lord, how many chances do you give someone to change? Self worth is so important...and obviously, if you are willing to look over huge, catastrophic errors on a significant others part more than a few times, you have very little self worth. In my opinion, at least. I hope so much, that I never stick around for someone that continually hurts me, just because it's comfortable. Can you really say you love someone if you've cheated on them? Or thought about cheating on them? I don't think so...but maybe that's just me being old fashioned. Good 'ol fashioned Kristin.

Sigh.
Things are okay. I hate that in between feeling...you know, 'not great' but 'not awful'. I guess it's better than being 'just awful'. My problem is that I feel this need to always be satisfied and overjoyed with my life. I always think..."If I just do __________, I will be happier." This is a flawed way of thinking and I need to knock it out of my mind. I need to find the good in everyone and everything and know that it's okay to be sad sometimes. It's okay to be lonely. It's okay to be angry and hurt.



This picture is here because it makes me happy. That's all.

No comments: